3 Days 2 Night Low’s Peak Circuit – Mount Kinabalu Via Ferrata
3 Days 2 Night Mount Kinabalu Summit Climb and Low’s Peak Circuit is designed for the adventurer who want to see Mount Kinabalu and have a dramatic mountain climbing experience. With spectacular views from thread-like tightrope walks and swinging planks, this is an exciting yet safe climbing experience.
Itinerary For 3D2N Mount Kinabalu Summit and Via Ferrata
Day 1: Travel from KOTA KINABALU to MOUNT KINABALU
Depart for Kinabalu Park from Kota Kinabalu city at 0630hrs. The journey will take approximately 2 hrs passing by villages, paddy fields along the KK-Ranau mountain road. We will take a brief stop at Nabalu Market for a souvenir stop, an opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits at bargain prices.
Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park (0800hrs), we will pre-check in at Via Ferrata office (in front of the Souvenir Shop) and at Kinabalu Park’s office, and then the real adventure begins. You will proceed by coach to the Timpohon Gate for the start of your 3-day climb of the majestic Mount Kinabalu. The trek up the mountain will take between 5 to 8 hours, depending on your fitness level.
Upon arrival at the Pendant Hut (1500hrs), at an altitude of 3,289m, you will meet your Mountain Torq trainer for a mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization and Safety Briefing (1530hrs). Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant. Overnight stay at Pendant Hut.
Meals: Packed lunch and dinner is provided.
Day 2: Summit Mount Kinabalu and Via Ferrata – Low’s Peak Circuit
Wake up at 0130hrs for have breakfast and commence your ascend by torchlight towards Low’s Peak. The climb takes about three hours but you will be well rewarded with a breathtaking sunrise.
Descend from the Summit and meet Mountain Torq’s trainer at 7.5km mark (0630hrs) for Low’s Peak Circuit activity (French Grade AD). The Low’s Peak Circuit will take 4 to 5 hours to complete.
Return to Pendant Hut to wash up and head to Laban Rata for a well earned lunch.
Take the afternoon to recuperate from the 11 hour plus day, have a well deserved nap, or sit and have a cup of the famous Sabah Tea at the base of Pendant Hut while watching the therapeutic mountain scenery. Dinner at Laban Rata’s canteen.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is provided for on the second day.
Day 3: Descend to Kinabalu Park and return to Kota Kinabalu
Day 3 is a back-up day for another summit attempt if the previous day was not successful.
Wake up, pack up and have breakfast. Check out from Pendant Hut and descend to Timpohon Gate, which takes about 4 to 5 hours. On arrival, transfer to Park Headquarters to collect your Certificate of Achievement and transfer back to Kota Kinabalu.
Mount Kinabalu Summit and Low’s Peak Circuit Arrangements
- 1 night Basic accommodation at Pendant Hut dormitory (Private room are available on request at a surcharge and subject to availability).
- All land transport as per the itinerary (cut off time for transfer from Kinabalu Park to Kota Kinabalu @ 0500pm. After 0500pm, there will be additional charge of RM150 per way.
- Meals as stated above – Breakfast, Lunch, Packed Lunch, Dinner
- Conservation Fee, Climbing Permit, Insurance and Certificate.
- Mountain Guide (Mountain Guide, who is registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority is compulsory for all mountain trekkers / climber. Majority of the mountain guide can only converse in Basic English language. Licensed English Speaking Guide is available on request at a surcharge).
- Via Ferrata activity – Low’s Peak Circuit and Via Ferrata Certificate (for successful participant only).
- Via Ferrata trainer and technical equipment.
- Porters (on request at surcharge)
- Personal expenditure
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Any other items not listed in the inclusion list
*Rate above is quoted in MYR (Ringgit Malaysia) and does not include the Goods and Service Tax of 6% (GST). Tax will be implemented in the official issued tax invoice.