2D1N Maliau Basin Tour Package
Day 01: KOTA KINABALU – MALIAU BASIN (Lunch and Dinner provided)
Leave Kota Kinabalu in the morning and enjoy a scenic drive (5 hours). Stop in the small town Keningau, en route to Maliau Basin Conservation Area, for some last minute shopping and continue your journey to the Sabah’s Lost World. Part of the road are still gravel, so be prepared for the bumpy ride. Arrive at the Shell Maliau Reception, lunch and proceed along the gravel road for another 1 hour drive to the Maliau Basin Studies Centre – pygmy elephants and wild cattle (banteng) are frequently seen in this area. Upon arrival, freshen up, then visit the Sky Bridge (400m‐long and suspended 22m above forests floor) and trek the Nature Trail for an introduction of the rainforest. Tonight enjoy a night drive in search of nocturnal wildlife; species most often encountered are clouded leopard, mousedeer, western tarsier etc. Overnight at Maliau Basin Studies Centre (Hostel).
Day 02: MALIAU BASIN – KOTA KINABALU (Breakfast and Lunch provided)
This morning, rise early and proceed to the 4‐storeys Maliau Observation Tower, which offers a spectacular morning views of the rainforest. After breakfast, pack up and head to Agathis Camp nestled in hill mixed dipterocarp forest. Explore the Agathis Trail where enormous Agathis Trees can be found. After lunch, journey back to Kota Kinabalu.
2D1N Maliau Basin Tour Package Includes
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Lodge/Jungle Camp basic accommodation for the nights as listed in the itinerary
- All transportation as per the itinerary
- Meals as stated above – basic meal provided (B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner)
- Conservation Fees on entrance
- English speaking guide
- Accompanied by Forest Ranger/Radioman
- Rental of VHF Radio
- Personal Accident Insurance that covers emergency Helicopter Evacuation
- Personal expenditure
- Extra Meals ordered beyond what is provided
- Anything else not specified above in the price includes
- Porters (available on request at a surcharge)
All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended without notice to suit the prevailing conditions at time of tour.
*Rate above is quoted in MYR (Ringgit Malaysia) and does not include the Goods and Service Tax of 6% (GST). Tax will be implemented in the official issued tax invoice.